Monday, June 18, 2012

Carey on: Kindle or no Kindle?

So, lately some of my friends have been talking about how much they love their Kindles and what not. When they first came out I instantly told myself, "I will never get one because I will forever prefer physical books than digital." And I will always keep to that word. Because, I mean, who doesn't love that new book smell? Or old book smell, in case you got it from a used book store. But that book smell that I love so much.

My friends mainly say that they love how weightless it is and how the books are cheaper. Which, believe me, I'm all for saving money. But is it worth it? I really can't tell. Sure, saving all of the space and money would be nice. I mean, my bookshelf that I got a few months ago is already full. But I just love that awesome feeling I get when I get a new book. You know what I mean?

Also: considering that Kindles are electric, are they allowed in schools? You would think so, right? Because I read all of the time in school, I don't want to be told that I can't read because my book is on a tablet. That will probably end up being a deciding factor for me.

Right now I'm borrowing my mom's Kindle to try it out. She has a regular first generation, the one where you  can't do anything but read. Like no wifi or games or apps or anything. It's also really dark. Meaning that for me, a Kindle Fire is what I would be saving up for. But my mom also doesn't really use her Kindle (how lame is that?!) so I could also just use hers.

Speaking of reading, I'm now reading the Pretty Little Liars series, or at least the first book. I love the show, so hopefully I will like the books. I was reading Keeping Secrets by Alyson Noel, but honestly, I couldn't force myself to finish the first book in it (it was a two-in-one), which was Faking 19. So, let's just say that I won't be reviewing that one any time soon. Maybe I'll finish it one day, maybe I won't. We'll see.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment