Saturday, June 23, 2012

Carey on: Kindle review

Now that I have officially read my first book via kindle, I figured that I might as well blog about my experience. That sounds awkward though.

Anyways, I surprisingly really enjoyed it. So much more than I thought I would have. Even though I said that I will "forever prefer physical books to e-books," I did like it. I liked how weightless it was and I liked knowing the percentage of how far along in the book I was. Especially when it was lower and I was like, "Okay, I'm at 30%. By the time I'm done reading tonight I want to be at 60%!" It was fun for me to have a goal like that. 

I sometimes wished that the font on the screen was smaller, though. (If somebody knows how to change it, let me know!) But that was really the only complaint that I had about it. That and how the screen was always dark, so I had to always keep a light on, but I had to do that for a regular book, too, so it wasn't that much of a difference. If I wanted to buy a light thing for it, I saw that they're only $5 at Target. 

I have a feeling that I'll probably be using it a lot. I like instantly having the book, rather than waiting a few days for Amazon to deliver it (which is where I got a lot of my books because they're so much cheaper online than in stores). Plus they're also a bit cheaper on the kindle.

Let's just see if kindles are allowed in schools!



No comments:

Post a Comment