Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Carey on: The Unofficial Hiatus is Over!

Obviously, I stopped posting about a year ago. I started working 28+ hours a week and honestly had no time to read. Then, once summer ended, senior year started. And let's just say that I had a rocky start to school this year. I had a rocky school year in general, honestly. But everything seems to be working out a bit better, especially now that I graduate in a week. I've been reading a lot more, and I even have an internship with a publishing company! It's fabulous, honestly.

Anyways, since I've been ready so much more than I have been recently (which I LOVE), it means that I am going to try (emphasis on try) to come off of the unofficial hiatus. I am out of a job right now (it's a long story), and I have this thing with libraries (another long story), so I'm sort of out of books. So it may be rough, not updated as often as I'd like this to be, etc., you know what I mean.

SO. The book I will be reviewing next is The Moon and More by Sarah Dessen. Today is actually pub day for this book. Last night she kicked off the tour at The Regulator in Durham, North Carolina. This was my third time going to one of her events. I was there two years ago when What Happened to Goodbye came out the first time, and I also saw her in Chapel Hill last month for the paperback of WHTG. She'll be at Cary and Raleigh (both in my area) again for TMAM, so of course I'm going to go. I'm a little obsessed, not going to lie.

Okay, this post is long enough now. Hopefully I will update soon with the review of The Moon and More and I'll keep it up this summer. I have this summer bucket list going on, and I'm already doing so well on it, so I'll put this on there. 

PS: I won a contest today! I get a signed copy of Susane Colasanti's new book, All I Need. I already have it (of course), but hey, it's signed! I'm so lucky when it comes to authors and writing and everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment