Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Review: All I Need by Susane Colasanti

All I Need by Susane Colasanti
Released: May 21, 2013
Publisher: Viking
Pages: 240
Rating: 4 out of 5 stars
Reviewed by: Carey

Synopsis: Skye wants to meet the boy who will change her life forever. Seth feels their instant connection the second he sees her. When Seth starts talking to Skye at the last beach party of the summer, it’s obvious to both of them that this is something real. But when Seth leaves for college before they exchange contact info, Skye wonders if he felt the same way she did—and if she will ever see him again. Even if they find their way back to each other, can they make a long-distance relationship work despite trust issues, ex drama, and some serious background differences?

Teen favorite Susane Colasanti returns to the alternating-voice style of her beloved debut When It Happens in this Serendipity-inspired story about summer, soul mates, and the moments that change our lives forever.

Review: 
Since I'm reviewing All I Need, this means that I finished  rereading all of Colasanti's books. Like I keep saying; I love me some Susane Colasanti. Totally my fave author, and one of my biggest inspirations.

But since I have reviewed all of Colasanti's books, I'm going to make this quick. I love her writing style, I love the quirkiness and little things of each and every character, I love how each character has their own voice, and how past characters make an appearance in newer books,  et cetera. Oh, and I love the roller rink, Wheels in the Skye. It's an 80's themed roller rink and I wish it were real.

So here we go: what I didn't like. I'm not a huge fan of the whole two-person-point-of-view thing. I kind of hated that they had to be separate for a year, but I guess it added to the whole thing about how soul mates will always find each other. Colasanti said multiple times that this story would be so  full of romance, and in reality, it wasn't, at least in my point of view. I hated the random, and what I felt unnecessary, girl drama between Skye's two best friends. I don't know. I guess I was sort of expecting to be a Nicholas Sparks-eqsue sort of novel, and that was the problem.

But the one thing I didn't like definitely doesn't matter as much as the list of things I do love about All I Need.  It's also definitely a summer read, since there is a portion of it set at the beach. So, woo! Perfect timing.

No comments:

Post a Comment